5 year old dies after eating poisonous mushrooms

0
197

A pupil attending at Riversdale Primary School in Featherstone has died and her grandma is battling for life at Parirenyatwa Hospital after eating poisonous mushroom picked from the bushes.

Keisha Mavhunzi (5) was bleeding from the nose when she died at Chivhu General Hospital on Monday morning.mushroom-crop

Mashonaland East Police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Mwanza said …..

Mavhunzi and her grandma Irene Mavhudzi (66) were admitted at Chivhu General hospital last Thursday and were both having severe diarrhea.

The deceased Keisha has a touching stories about her life,She was left at the house of Irene when she was a baby by her mother who was a commercial se_x worker and the who is not related to Irene disappeared for good. Irene looked after the girl until she was five.

Sources said the two ate the mushrooms just before the girl left for school. She started vomiting at school and was taken to Philsdale Clinic.

As well-wishers took her to clinic they passed through grandmother’s place where they found the grandmother in the same state. Irene was transferred to Harare on Monday.

Comment with your Facebook

comments